Friday 29 March 2013

Fans Outraged At Battlefield 4 Trailer Song


Late last night, the unspeakably anticipated reveal trailer for Battlefield 4 was leaked hours before scheduled. EA vigorously worked in an attempt removing the videos, and a couple short hours later, they decided to officially reveal the trailer.
Mind blowing is just one expression I can say when describing the video, and it managed to catch me off my guard. Sometime after, they gave the fans what they’ve desired most: the gameplay trailer, and if you haven’t seen it yet, I urge you to do so.

While the trailers did their jobs capturing the hearts of fans, many were unnecessarily outraged at EA’s choice of music. The song was by Jay-Z ft. Kanye West and Rihanna called “Run This Town.” Since only the hook was used, which is Rihanna’s part, viewers soon vented on Twitter.






I personally have nothing against the use of this song. If these people were to take a closer listen, then they would notice how fitting the song is.

Life's a game, but it's not fair
I break the rules, so I don't care
So I keep doin' my own thing
Victory's within the mile
Almost there, don't give up now
Only thing that's on my mind
Is who's gonna run this town tonight

These lyrics can be applied to the game in so many ways, hence my confusion upon this uncalled for outrage. “Life’s a game, but it’s not fair…” Battlefield 4 is a game, but it’s not fair either. Judging from this trailer, the soldiers had to make a tough and unfair decision. “Victory’s within the mile, Almost there, don’t give up now…” If you’ve watched the 17-minute gameplay trailer, you can see how this applies. The helicopter comes so close to saving them, but sadly ends up going down in flames. “Who’s gonna run this town tonight…” Battlefield 4 will be a highly competitive online game, and every player will be looking to “Run the town.” Perhaps EA and DICE put as much thought as I did into the song choice; or maybe they didn’t. I can go on for a bit longer about how this song is a brilliant choice, but I will stop here.


More at http://www.nextgenupdate.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment